- Incorporated: February 28, 1990
- County: King
- Population: 89,350 (2010 Census); 90,147 (WA State Dept of Finance 2014)
- Housing Units: 35,626 (WA State Dept. of Finance, 2014)
- Registered Voters: 49,336 (2007)
- Type of Government: Mayor-Council
- Location: Federal Way is located in the southwestern corner of King County on a plateau between Puget Sound and the Green River Valley, approximately 25 miles south of downtown Seattle and eight miles north of downtown Tacoma. The city is served by Interstate 5 and state highways 18, 99 and 509.
- Businesses: Approximately 2,650
- Parks: Federal Way has 31 developed parks and 19 open space parks on approximately 1,141 acres of land, and also boasts the BPA and West Campus trails totalling nearly 3.5 miles.
- Schools: All Federal Way schools are in the Federal Way Public School District. Call 253.945.2000 for locations, or visit them on the web.
- Area: Approximately 21.5 square miles
- Elevation: Sea level to 515 feet
- Temperature: Average high of 75 degrees in July; Average low of 33 degrees in January.
- City Mailing Address:
City of Federal Way
33325 8th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003